In the years after 2000, Paul and I become semi-obsessed with buying cheap vinyl, and we loved album artwork, especially seeing bands with funny and stupid album covers and titles (here and here for example). Paul and I then began creating album covers and artwork in my sketchbook. During the next few years we created several album covers. Tragically the original notebook went missing when Paul and I moved out of our apartment on Holgate. I started a new notebook, and redrew some of the album covers, and asked Paul to do the same for his most memorable creations, but some have never been recreated. Since this time we have added to the album collection.
Below I will try and compile the album titles, the year they were created, and a few words that demonstrate the conceptual framework of each cover. If there are two dates, it means that the album was recreated in the new notebook. All the albums with a date prior to 2005 were in the original lost notebook. Because of the lost notebook, there were many that are forgotten, I will attempt to remember and capture the essence of the lost classics.
Dislexiss I (2002) - abrasive, high contrast, pronunciation guidance
Huntin' Wabbits (2002) - 1st person pov, serene, elmerfuddian
Doom Fist (2002, 2007) - apocalyptic, nihilistic, crushing, plodding
Severed Ties (2002, 2007) - business, middle class, pun, heartbreak
Severed Ties back cover (2007) - escape, space, disappearing point
Art Rock (2002,2008) - souvenir, fine art, pun, part of "rock" trilogy
Math Rock (2002, 2008) - multiplication, addition, subtraction, division, pun, part of "rock" trilogy
Pizza Rock (2002) - anthropomorphizing, party!, frozen pizza, lost part of "rock" trilogy
The Hard Way (2002) - confusing, sexual, cluttered, lost concept
Ska-mmunion (2002-2009) - skankin, rude boy, sacrilegious
Fuck God (2002, 2009) - fast, pissed, shocking, sacrilegious
Dyslexiss presents: The Planets (2008) - solar system, mystical, conceptual, pretentious, series
Face Off! (2008) - bionic, visual pun, skeletal
Brain Storm (2008) - science fiction, chaotic, tangled
Soaked In Death (2009) - cowboy, cattle, meat, death, politically confused
Hard On (2009) - household, electrical, visual pun, bright
Shamanology (2009) - mystical, ancient, mind blowing, rockin
Metal Garden (2009) - epic, giant, from the earth, distance
Black Map (2009) - blank, lost, dark, nihilistic
Pick Your Own Title! : Operatin Abandon Earth, D-Bomb, Fall Down Go Boom, Eat Your Vegetables (2009) - atomic, annihilation, interactive
Rock Candy (found sketch) - hard, peppermint, classic, satan christmas
Space Age (found sketch) - science fiction, invasion, abduction, u.f.o.
No comments:
Post a Comment